- Interfraternity Council
- Multicultural Greek Council
- National Pan-Hellenic Council
- Panhellenic Council
History of the National Pan-Hellenic Council, Inc.
The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated (NPHC) represents historically Black Greek-letter organizations (BGLOs) and is composed of the Divine Nine. The member organizations of the Divine Nine are Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., and Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc. NPHC promotes interaction through forums, meetings and other mediums for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming and initiatives through various activities and functions.
On May 10, 1930, on the campus of Howard University, in Washington DC, the National Pan-Hellenic Council was formed as a permanent organization with the following charter members: Alpha Kappa Alpha, Kappa Alpha Psi, Omega Psi Phi, Delta Sigma Theta, and Zeta Phi Beta. In 1931, Alpha Phi Alpha and Phi Beta Sigma joined the Council. Sigma Gamma Rho joined in 1937, and Iota Phi Theta completed the list of member organizations in 1997.
The stated purpose and mission of the organization in 1930 was as follows: “Unanimity of thought and action as far as possible in the conduct of Greek-letter collegiate fraternities and sororities, and to consider problems of mutual interest to its member organizations.” Early in 1937, the organization was incorporated under the laws of the State of Illinois and became known as “The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated."
NPHC at OSU
The National Pan-Hellenic Council at Oklahoma State University was chartered October 3, 1992. The organizations that are currently recognized under the OSU Chapter of the National Pan-Hellenic Council are as follows: