- Interfraternity Council
- Multicultural Greek Council
- National Pan-Hellenic Council
- Panhellenic Council
Greek Discovery Day
Incoming OSU Students,
On behalf of the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs we want to take the opportunity to welcome you to the Cowboy family. While we all have experienced an unprecedented time, we are excited to welcome you to campus in the near future. Additionally, we wanted to provide you a few updates:
New Student Orientation & Virtual Greek Discovery Day
In conjunction with New Student Orientation, you will find a number of resources on our website such as our Virtual Greek Discovery Day and Greek Life Booklet. These resources will assist you and your family in learning more about our community. If you have questions throughout the summer, contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-744-5490.
Each of our councils are working diligently to prepare for our various recruitment processes that ensures the health and safety of incoming and current OSU students. Here is an overview of each of the current plans. They are subject to change.
Interfraternity Council (Men)- Recruitment registration is currently open. New OSU students should sign up HERE to make sure that chapters have your information to contact you. Additionally, this is the current timeline for IFC Informal Summer Recruitment:
- Beginning May 15 - Fraternities may choose to host gatherings with less than nine people in attendance and practicing various social distancing and other CDC and state/local guidelines. Virtual options to connect are encouraged for students not comfortable attending in-person events.
- Beginning July 1 - Fraternities may begin hosting larger gatherings (as long as state and local governments support such gatherings). Each organization must adhere to OSU, state & local guidelines to ensure health and safety of all in attendance (masks provided; hand sanitizer/hand washing stations, etc.)
- Saturday July 11 - IFC Signing Day (i.e. first day designated which potential new members may accept a bid or invitation to join a fraternity at OSU).
Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) & National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)- Fraternities and sororities plan to host their various membership intake processes during the fall semester. In addition, students may connect with chapters during the following events in which social distancing and limited capacity for events will be practiced. These events are subject to review and modification based on OSU, State of Oklahoma, and CDC guidelines:
- August 13 - Welcome Week Yard Show, 5:30 p.m., Location TBD
- August 26 & September 9 - MGC Convocation, 6 p.m., Student Union 208 Sequoyah Room
- September 8 - NPHC Convocation, 7 p.m., Student Union Theater
Panhellenic Recruitment (Women)- Primary recruitment registration is currently open HERE. Sororities are still planning to host in-person recruitment August 9-15, but are adapting events to ensure safe social distancing for those involved. Ongoing communication will be provided to students who have registered for primary recruitment.
Alternative Opportunities to Join- As a student, you are not limited to join a fraternity or sorority during these specific times and opportunities. If you are uncomfortable due to COVID-19, we will work with you to provide accommodations such as assisting in connecting you with chapters and members virtually.