OSU Medical Insurance
Medical insurance is MANDATORY for ALL international students (visa holders as well as J-Scholars) at Oklahoma State University and their dependents as U.S. medical care is extremely expensive. Medical insurance will be assigned upon arrival. Fees for insurance will be applied to the 1st tuition billing statement you receive.
Visit United Health Care website to get more information on those policies.
Please notice that since Fall 2014, UHS NO LONGER accepts health insurance waiver (even for those who have already purchased their own health insurance). All international will be enrolled in university's insurance.
University insurance from Fall 2020 is semester based and duration of coverage from 08/01/2020 to 12/31/2020 at a rate of $868.50 per semester
For the following information, please visit insurance webpage on UHS website.
- OSU Student Health Insurance Plan information
- Graduate Assistant / Associate Health Insurance Coverage eligibility information.
- Health plan coverage eligibility
- Any student wanting to decline this Health Insurance Plan
- Coverage requirements for international students
- Frequently Ask Questions
Additional Types of Insurance Option
International Student Insurance
International Travel Insurance
- Council on International Education Exchange (iNext Travel Card)
Dental Insurance Organizations
Property Insurance Organizations
Car Insurance Organizations