Stillwater Camp is our campus program that includes a new high-ropes course, allows you to get familiar with campus, meet OSU athletes, participate in a service project and get connected to the community. It is designed to give you the best experience on campus, and allows you to see what Stillwater has to offer.
[+] Expand All
- Dates: Stay tuned for Summer 2023 Camp Cowboy dates
- Location: OSU Campus in Stillwater, OK
- Cost: $220* (Fee waivers available.) (*Does not include a $80 Overnight Housing fee from Residential Life)
Day One - Friday:
- 3:00 PM: Camp Cowboy Check In @ Chi-O-Clock
- 5:00 PM:Opening Ceremony
- 5:30 PM: Small Group 1, Large Group Games, Dinner w/ Namesake Speaker, Cowboy Culture
- 8:15 PM: Small Group 2, OSU Unplugged, Dance Lessons
- 11:00 PM: Small Group 3
- 12:00 AM: Dismiss
Day Two - Saturday:
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast
- 8:30 AM: Rotation Block: Challenge Course and Field Games, Project Pete, Lunch, Cowboy Cup, Small Group 4
- 2:00 PM: Break
- 3:45 PM: Small Group 5, OSWhoRU Program, Small Group 6
- 6:30 PM: Rotation Block: Dinner, Heritage Hall
- 8:15 PM: Spirit Night, Campfire
- 10:15 PM: Small Group 7
- 11:00 PM: Hoedown Throwdown
- 12:00 AM: Dismiss
Day Three - Sunday:
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast
- 8:30 AM: Large Group Picture
- 8:45 AM: Small Group Pictures
- 9:30 AM: OSU Unplugged
- 10:30 AM: Final Small Group
- 11:30 AM: Closing Session
- 12:00 PM: Check Out
Overnight Housing Excluding August Camp
While attending Stillwater Camp, students will stay on campus at the University Commons (West).
*Note that a sheet, blanket, pillow, and towel will be provided to each student attending Camp Cowboy*
This is only available for students who will be attending the August Camp Cowboy session and have a Fall 2023 on-campus assignment. They will be allowed to move-in early to their fall assignment prior to this session.
If you move-in early and do not attend Camp Cowboy, you will be charged additional fees from Housing and the full cost of Camp Cowboy. We want to ensure everyone moving in early has full intentions to attend Camp Cowboy. All cancellations moving forward will not receive a refund.
Please plan to be in Stillwater early enough to check-in for housing and Camp Cowboy: Stillwater. Check the schedule above for check-in times.
What to Pack:
You can find specific Camp Cowboy: Stillwater packing details here!
- It will be summer, and it will be hot.
- Prepare to layer to protect yourself from insects and plants.
- Drink lots of water.
More information will come to you via email one-week prior to your session. This email will give you all the details you will need for Camp Cowboy: Stillwater.
In accordance with current University guidelines regarding COVID-19, we have developed updated protocol to ensure the safety of both campers and staff throughout Camp Cowboy, while prioritizing a positive experience for all. We are working closely with Outdoor Adventure to keep this protocol up to date.
OSU Department of Transportation will be providing transportation to all Camp Cowboy Quest activities in Arkansas & Oklahoma. As stated by the Department, Face Coverings will be required while on any OSU transit buses. All students are encouraged to bring their own face covering, though we will have additional disposable masks available if necessary as this policy will be strictly enforced.
Face Coverings/Social Distancing:
Oklahoma State University has released a new plan in response to the recent updates from the CDC regarding COVID-19, which can be found here. If you are not fully vaccinated we ask that you please wear a mask and if you are vaccinated and feel more comfortable wearing a mask please do so at your own discretion. As stated above, ALL participants will be required to wear a face covering during bus transit. We ask that everyone be respectful of individual preferences as we strive to create a safe and inclusive environment for all. These guidelines will be followed closely by Camp Cowboy during all of our Summer 2021 sessions and future activities. We are constantly adapting to policy changes as we receive new information.
For more information, please contact the Camp Cowboy at 405-744-0383 or email@example.com.