Big XII Conference - About Us
Location & transportation | Stillwater, OK
- Approximately 70 miles from Oklahoma City and 62 miles from Tulsa
- Average temperature: 59°F (Average high in August: 93°F; average low in January: 26°F)
- Stillwater Regional Airport (SWO) provides daily nonstop flights to and from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- The Atherton Hotel includes a shuttle service from the Stillwater Regional Airport
- Enterprise Car Rentals are located in the terminal as well
- For hotel accommodations, please call the Atherton Hotel front desk at 405-744-6835. Reservations can be made under the Big XII Deans & Directors room block. This option will close on April 30, 2019. For more information on booking a room, please visit the Atherton website for further details.
Visit America's Friendliest College Town!
- Experience our small town with a big town personality through our historic downtown, vibrant Red Dirt music scene and more by checking out the Visit Stillwater website.
What we're known for:
- America's Brightest Orange
- America's Greatest Homecoming with over 80,000 Cowboys and visitors
- Famous alumni: Garth Brooks (country music singer), T. Boone Pickens (business magnate and financier), Barry Sanders (NFL running back), Anita Hill (attorney, professor)
- Cowboy Family
- Leader in research impacting health, engineering and the world around us
- Oklahoma's first Truman Honor Institution
- Largest comprehensive university student union
- Edmon Low Library is one of the top 100 academic research libraries